ASHWAGANDHA - 8 benefits, based on research
1. Reduces Stress and Anxiety: Ashwagandha is an adaptogen herb, meaning it helps your body manage stress. Research suggests that it works by lowering levels of cortisol, a hormone produced in response to stress.
2. Improves Brain Function: Ashwagandha has been shown to improve memory and reaction time. It may also help the brain resist damage caused by stress.
3. Boosts Testosterone and Increases Fertility in Men: Ashwagandha can boost testosterone levels and improve fertility in men. It may also improve sexual performance.
4. Reduces Symptoms of Depression: Some studies suggest that Ashwagandha may reduce symptoms of depression.
5. Improves Heart Health: Ashwagandha may improve cholesterol levels, reduce inflammation and help protect against heart disease.
6. Lowers Blood Sugar Levels: Ashwagandha may help reduce insulin resistance and lower blood sugar levels.
7. Fights Cancer: Test-tube studies suggest that Ashwagandha may slow the growth of certain types of cancer cells.
8. Boosts Immunity: Ashwagandha may help boost the immune system and reduce inflammation.
Note: Although ashwagandha is safe for most people, it’s not safe for everyone. It’s important to check with a healthcare professional before taking ashwagandha.